Saturday 7 April 2012

Quest Seekers now Unleashed*

I hate drawing attention to myself.  In a group, I'm the one sitting alongside you, listening and nodding along.  I'll only chip in if I've got something to say.

Big Time Introvert.

So it's kinda funny to be starting a blog.  But, hey, this is just between me and my computer (right?), and if there's one thing I'm good at, it's writing.

But back to drawing attention to myself - or not, as the case may be.  In public, I'm much better not being myself.  Give me a script and I shine.  For over half my life, I've been acting with - and writing for - an amateur drama group.  Favourite roles include Elvira in Blythe Spirit, Julia Darrow in Dead Guilty, and Wren in Cinderella II: the Ugly Sisters Strike Back!  (Yeah, that last one was one of mine.)

Elvira in Blythe Spirit (the make-up was murder to wash off afterwards!)


So watch out for the quiet ones in your classroom or work place or church or wherever.  They might surprise you one day.


*Yup, there's a reason there's a capital 'U'.  I'll get to that in another blog.  :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment